You have reached the legacy GHI Electronics, LLC website, for the new website please visit here. For the new forum please visit here.

You must be logged in to reply.

Page 27 of 27 out of 266 messages.

FezCNC

Reply #260 — Posted 4yr ago
by Brett | Superhuman | 125,590 exp
Reply #260 — Posted 4yr ago
by Brett | Superhuman | 125,590 exp
I'm not sure what mini you're talking about - that's a Rhino and Wiz811 module that I can see
Reply #261 — Posted 4yr ago
by mhectorgato | King | 37,168 exp
Reply #261 — Posted 4yr ago
by mhectorgato | King | 37,168 exp
Brett says:
I'm not sure what mini you're talking about - that's a Rhino and Wiz811 module that I can see

Oh ok ... I thought that the module was the mini and the Rhino was some dev board for a DIP40.
Reply #262 — Posted 4yr ago
by NielsNL2 | Junior | 596 exp
Reply #262 — Posted 4yr ago
@kurtnelle: Sorry to bring this tread alive again.
But wauw, i'm not the only one building a CNC machine.
Yours look very cool. I just found out the tread earlier today. And i have looked all your pics and videos.
My own CNC will be much much smaller The frame is 30x30 cm and the work space is now, i think not more then 15 to 20 cm.
I was wondering would you mind sharing your code with me?
Not sure of you ever build the G-code parser as reading your other tread. But that is what i'm searching for, and the linear and arc based movement control.

Anyway i hope you enjoy building it as much as i do. Wink
Reply #263 — Posted 4yr ago
by Unknown | Hero | 10,958 exp
Reply #263 — Posted 4yr ago
@NielsNL2 (are you from the netherlands?) No problem with the tread, we often do that around here. I'm actually still writing that G-Code parser for a newer machine (see pic), and the problem that I've been having is for arc based movement control. I've been working on nothing but that for a solid week now and it has been a daunting task.

Linear is straight forward, however arcs are not. The technique that the industry seems to use it to create a motion profile based on trapezoidal profiles which create the arc as a series of short lines that flow one into the other without having the end effector pause between lines.

http://support.motioneng.com/Software-MPI_04_02/Topics/Geometric%20Path%20Motion.htm
http://www.isa.org/Content/ContentGroups/Motion_Control2/Features1/200222/May_June/200206Axes.pdf

The two links above describe the problem (so that you get an idea of the difficulty).

I am using the dSPIN stepper drivers are you may have read which offloads the stepper motion to the integrated co processor.
Reply #264 — Posted 4yr ago
Reply #264 — Posted 4yr ago
Oww that new own does look very nice. Will it be also be able to be used as a 3D printer?

I'm not sure why the arc function does not be that easy for you? When i look at the code used by GBRL then it looks very simple to do.

void mc_arc(double theta, double angular_travel, double radius, double linear_travel, int axis_1, int axis_2, 
  int axis_linear, double feed_rate, int invert_feed_rate, double *position)
{      
  int acceleration_manager_was_enabled = plan_is_acceleration_manager_enabled();
  plan_set_acceleration_manager_enabled(false); // disable acceleration management for the duration of the arc
  double millimeters_of_travel = hypot(angular_travel*radius, labs(linear_travel));
  if (millimeters_of_travel == 0.0) { return; }
  uint16_t segments = round(millimeters_of_travel/settings.mm_per_arc_segment);
  // Multiply inverse feed_rate to compensate for the fact that this movement is approximated
  // by a number of discrete segments. The inverse feed_rate should be correct for the sum of 
  // all segments.
  if (invert_feed_rate) { feed_rate *= segments; }
  // The angular motion for each segment
  double theta_per_segment = angular_travel/segments;
  // The linear motion for each segment
  double linear_per_segment = linear_travel/segments;
  // Compute the center of this circle
  double center_x = position[axis_1]-sin(theta)*radius;
  double center_y = position[axis_2]-cos(theta)*radius;
  // a vector to track the end point of each segment
  double target[3];
  int i;
  // Initialize the linear axis
  target[axis_linear] = position[axis_linear];
  for (i=0; i<segments; i++) {
    target[axis_linear] += linear_per_segment;
    theta += theta_per_segment;
    target[axis_1] = center_x+sin(theta)*radius;
    target[axis_2] = center_y+cos(theta)*radius;
    plan_buffer_line(target[X_AXIS], target[Y_AXIS], target[Z_AXIS], feed_rate, invert_feed_rate);
  }
  plan_set_acceleration_manager_enabled(acceleration_manager_was_enabled);
}
Reply #265 — Posted 4yr ago
Reply #265 — Posted 4yr ago
Yes, I keep seeing that approximation technique all over the place, however I'm convinced that there is a way to do it by controlling the acceleration of the axes.

Page 27 of 27 out of 266 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.