You must be logged in to reply.

Page 6 of 12 out of 113 messages.

G30 Design Project

Reply #50 — Posted 1yr ago (modified)
by Brett | Superhuman | 125,590 exp
Reply #50 — Posted 1yr ago (modified)
by Brett | Superhuman | 125,590 exp
from the driver code:
    private static InputPort busy = new InputPort((Cpu.Pin)FEZCerbuino.Pin.Gadgeteer.Socket1.Pin3, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled);
    private static InputPort flag = new InputPort((Cpu.Pin)FEZCerbuino.Pin.Gadgeteer.Socket1.Pin5, false, Port.ResistorMode.Disabled);

private static SPI.Configuration config = new SPI.Configuration((Cpu.Pin)FEZCerbuino.Pin.Gadgeteer.Socket1.Pin6,
            false, // Chip Select, active-low
            1, // 1 millisecond setup time
            1, // 1 millisecond hold time
            true, // Clock low on idle
            true, // Data valid on falling edge
            5000, // 5Mhz Clock Rate
            SPI.SPI_module.SPI1);

In order, that means the busy pin is connected to FEZCerbuino.Pin.Gadgeteer.Socket1.Pin3 (replace that with what pin you want); the flag pin is connected to FEZCerbuino.Pin.Gadgeteer.Socket1.Pin5 (replace that with what you want); CS pin is FEZCerbuino.Pin.Gadgeteer.Socket1.Pin6 (replace that with what you want), and the SPI port it uses is SPI.SPI_module.SPI1 (replace that with what you want).

Edit: SPI is considered a single group of pins for each module, comprising SPI CLK, MOSI and MISO.
Reply #51 — Posted 1yr ago
by Mr. John Smith | Legend | 42,263 exp
Reply #51 — Posted 1yr ago
by Mr. John Smith | Legend | 42,263 exp
@hwalker_MIWV - Trying to remove dangling code Smiley
1 like
Reply #52 — Posted 1yr ago
by hwalker_MIWV | Junior | 800 exp
Reply #52 — Posted 1yr ago
@Brett - Should I keep those configuration settings like set up and hold times?

Also does anyone know what the G30 footprint is as well as where pin number one is? There is no schematic or diagrams showing the pin out for the SoC square configuration, only a table in the data sheet but that doesn't show me where pin number one is. I know usually it starts where the dot on the chip is but there's 2 dots on this chip. I found a schematic for the rectangular (DIP?) pin configuration on the G30HD but that's useless to me.
1 like
Reply #53 — Posted 1yr ago
by Justin | Superhuman | 90,900 exp
Reply #53 — Posted 1yr ago
by Justin | Superhuman | 90,900 exp
LQFP64

Little dot is pin 1

Reffer to STM32F401 datasheet for footprint details etc.
Reply #54 — Posted 1yr ago
Reply #54 — Posted 1yr ago
@Justin - Thank you!

Does anyone know how to interface a GPIB with a G30? I have an NI7210 controller
1 like
Reply #55 — Posted 1yr ago
by Gus_ghielectroncs | Employee
Reply #55 — Posted 1yr ago
I have done GPIB like 20 years ago so I do not remember much but I can't tell you that I hated it!!
Reply #56 — Posted 1yr ago
by Dave McLaughlin | Legend | 58,471 exp
Reply #56 — Posted 1yr ago
hwalker_MIWV says:

Does anyone know how to interface a GPIB with a G30? I have an NI7210 controller

Yuck. Smiley

It's a parallel interface for a start and NETMF doesn't have any byte wide operations on port pins and then you need to generate the DACK, ADDR, CS and read DRQ etc. Can be done, but it will require some work and unlikely any drivers will exist in C# or NETMF so you will be on your own writing this or porting some C/++ Linux driver etc.
Reply #57 — Posted 1yr ago
Reply #57 — Posted 1yr ago
Gus says:
I have done GPIB like 20 years ago so I do not remember much but I can't tell you that I hated it!!

It was dead easy back in the days of using GPIB with HP Rocky Mountain Basic. Smiley
1 like
Reply #58 — Posted 1yr ago
Reply #58 — Posted 1yr ago
@Dave McLaughlin - for me it wasn't easy as I had to learn the standard and write embedded code to handle it from scratch. Keep in mind I didn't have jtag back then.

.... Good days Smiley
Reply #59 — Posted 1yr ago
Reply #59 — Posted 1yr ago
Damn that is not what I wanted to hear. I have old C code for interfacing the GPIB with a PIC but I can't read C well and its super outdated syntax as well. I have drivers for talking to a GPIB through .Net 3.5+ that is really solid can't I just use that NationalInstruments.NI4882.dll or does it all have to be from scratch? One of the few design requirements is to have a GPIB connection on the device. I have NI 7210 drivers and a 488.2 GPIB. Any suggestions on hardware changes that are equivalent but more up to date?

Page 6 of 12 out of 113 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.