You must be logged in to reply.

Page 1 of 3 out of 24 messages.

TinyCLR and windows 7

Posted 2yr ago
by MNO | Senior | 3,165 exp
Posted 2yr ago
Hello GHI team,
Is there a Window 7 driver for Panda III with G80 Firmware.0.3.0.ghi inside ? Personnaly i work with windows 10 and it's ok but all school's PC are under Windows 7 and Panda III isn't knowned. Thank you for your reply.
Reply #1 — Posted 2yr ago
by John_ghielectroncs | Employee
Reply #1 — Posted 2yr ago
@MNO - You may be able to use the drivers found in our NETMF SDK.
Reply #2 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #2 — Posted 2yr ago
@John - Thanks for your reply John.

But my problem is not resolved. Sad
My Panda III with NetMF 4.3 on Windows 7 or 10 and VS2015: it works. My panda with G80 Firmware 0.3.0 under W10 and VS2017 also but under W7 I can not get to recognize it to work with VS2017.
Reply #3 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #3 — Posted 2yr ago
@MNO - On Windows 7 with VS2017, what shows up for the G30 in the Device Manager? As noted in the release notes, Windows may still use the old NETMF USB IDs preventing the device from being seen by TinyCLR. I'd uninstall all NETMF and TinyCLR devices you can see in the device manager. Make sure enable showing disconnected devices as https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff184583.aspx explains. Then try to connect just the G30 (make sure it has the TinyCLR firmware on it before performing the above steps).
Reply #4 — Posted 2yr ago
by Bauland | Master | 6,336 exp
Reply #4 — Posted 2yr ago
I've tested it at school today, and I obtain same result as MNO.
Device not recognized.

I've tried to reboot pc, same result...
Reply #5 — Posted 2yr ago (modified)
Reply #5 — Posted 2yr ago (modified)
@John - Hello John, thanks to help me.
I follow your advice. Some results from yesterday. I managed to install a driver and Panda III is recognized by Windows 7 Smiley , but Visual Studio 2017 does not see it and therefore does not program it ! Sad
See details.
2 likes
Reply #6 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #6 — Posted 2yr ago
@MNO - I think the issue may be because we changed one of the USB IDs to be different than what was in NETMF. To test, uninstall the old drivers completely and remove the device from the device manager, making sure to check the box to remove the files. Make sure to keep a copy of GHI_NETMF_Interface.inf though (but not the cat file). Open that file and towards the bottom, change D32D1D64-963D-463E-874A-8EC8C8082CBF to C13BCFE9-5E84-4187-9BAA-45597FFCBB6F. Then try to install the device using this new file manually. You may need to disable driver signature enforcement. If this works, we'll look into getting proper updated and signed drivers for a future release.
Reply #7 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #7 — Posted 2yr ago
Thanks John,
Thanks John, it's 11:30 pm in France. I'll test it tomorrow. Smiley
Reply #8 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #8 — Posted 2yr ago
John says:
@MNO - I think the issue may be because we changed one of the USB IDs to be different than what was in NETMF. To test, uninstall the old drivers completely and remove the device from the device manager, making sure to check the box to remove the files. Make sure to keep a copy of GHI_NETMF_Interface.inf though (but not the cat file). Open that file and towards the bottom, change D32D1D64-963D-463E-874A-8EC8C8082CBF to C13BCFE9-5E84-4187-9BAA-45597FFCBB6F. Then try to install the device using this new file manually. You may need to disable driver signature enforcement. If this works, we'll look into getting proper updated and signed drivers for a future release.

It seems to be working. Thanks a lot. Now, waiting for future release ! Wink
Reply #9 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #9 — Posted 2yr ago
@John - Hello John,
It's fine for me too. It was the solution. Thanks a lot for your help. Cheesy

Page 1 of 3 out of 24 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.