You must be logged in to reply.

Page 2 of 2 out of 15 messages.

NETMF board with RJ45 Ethernet

3 likes
Reply #10 — Posted 2yr ago
by Banjobeni | Minor | 262 exp
Reply #10 — Posted 2yr ago
by Banjobeni | Minor | 262 exp
@glx - this looks quite good! Is that a gadgeteer socket on there? Is it possible to solder it with moderate soldering skills?

I gave it some more thought and I think this is more accurate for what I'm looking for: A NETMF chip on a board that comes soldered with (order by prority):
* USB (for deploy/debugging)
* RJ45 Ethernet Jack
* Easy access to GPIOs (preferably through-hole or jumper pins)
* 3.3V (or whatever chip voltage) regulator preferably fed from USB
* Reset button

In the end I'd like to have a small footprint but general-purpose NETMF IoT device that can be used for many things.

One of the first use cases will be a model railway control panel. The last one I've built consists of the Mountaineer Ethernet board and two MaxO for driving the leds. There are also some push buttons that are wired to cut gadgeteer cables. Its all relatively simple in terms of IO, and the one big plus point is the plug-and-play Ethernet on board.
Reply #11 — Posted 2yr ago
by glx | Senior | 3,332 exp
Reply #11 — Posted 2yr ago
by glx | Senior | 3,332 exp
It's not that hard to solder, I have a 1.2mm "screwdriver-like" tip (sorry I don't know the correct english word Cheesy). I think there's also a TechTalk-Video about SoMs where Gus demonstrates how to solder them Smiley.
Yes, it's a Gadgeteer-Socket, it has I2C, 3.3V, 5V and an analog-input pin. There's also a 3.3V switching power supply on the board (a LM3671, it's also very simple to use with almost no external components. You only need a resistor, a inductor and two caps).
Maybe a Spider II board would be a good choice, you can simply connect a J11-Module and reuse the things you already have inside your train-controller.
2 likes
Reply #12 — Posted 1yr ago
by wdlyons@gmail.com | Newbie | 140 exp
Reply #12 — Posted 1yr ago
The G30 Development board comes with a WizNet 5500 chip which communicates via SPI2 to control it.
It has a TCP/IP stack and sockets built in hardware.

I am working on a managed code version right now, should have it wrapped up in a week or so.
When it is going I will post here.

cheers
Reply #13 — Posted 1yr ago
by Mr. John Smith | Legend | 42,263 exp
Reply #13 — Posted 1yr ago
by Mr. John Smith | Legend | 42,263 exp
@wdlyons@gmail.com - A managed driver for the W5500? Are you posting it in codeshare afterwards?
2 likes
Reply #14 — Posted 1yr ago
Reply #14 — Posted 1yr ago
yes i will.

Page 2 of 2 out of 15 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.