You have reached the legacy GHI Electronics, LLC website, for the new website please visit here. For the new forum please visit here.

You must be logged in to reply.

Page 1 of 2 out of 13 messages.

Release of the G400 Development Board!

10 likes
Posted 2yr ago
by Gary_ghielectroncs | Employee
Posted 2yr ago
by Gary_ghielectroncs | Employee
Today we are excited to announce the official release of the G400 Development Board. The G400 Development Board is the official development system from GHI Electronics for the G400D and G400S System on Modules. The G400 offers high performance and extensive capabilities. This development system exposes the various peripherals and interfaces that make it an ideal for any .NET Micro Framework project.

The G400S and G400D SoMs both run the exact same software. The main difference between the two products is that G400D comes in a DIMM package and the G400S comes in a surface mount package. Using the same firmware allows us to focus better on adding features and improving the quality of the software.

The Software Development Kit (SDK) will get you started in no time. All you need is a PC with Visual Studio and the .NET Micro Framework SDK from Microsoft. You simply follow the steps listed here to get started in minutes.The system can be powered through USB or by connecting a power pack (not included).

G400 Development Board: https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/547
G400S System-on-Module: https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/480
G400D System-on-Module: https://www.ghielectronics.com/catalog/product/400
Reply #1 — Posted 2yr ago
by Gus_ghielectroncs | Employee
Reply #1 — Posted 2yr ago
andre.m says:
i love it

I am holding one now and I absolutely love it. If you have to own just one GHI product then this is it.
Reply #2 — Posted 2yr ago
by willgeorge | King | 33,998 exp
Reply #2 — Posted 2yr ago
@Gary -

Tried to order but no price?
Reply #3 — Posted 2yr ago
by Squeebee | Senior | 3,885 exp
Reply #3 — Posted 2yr ago
@willgeorge - Didn't you add it to your cart? They are free! \o/
Reply #4 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #4 — Posted 2yr ago
Oh, and this is really cool and I really really want one.
2 likes
Reply #5 — Posted 2yr ago
by Skewworks | Legend | 69,841 exp
Reply #5 — Posted 2yr ago
by Skewworks | Legend | 69,841 exp
I saw this thread and immediately followed the link to add it to my cart...I can currently get this free since there's no price. Might want to fix that. Wink
Reply #6 — Posted 2yr ago (modified)
Reply #6 — Posted 2yr ago (modified)
@Squeebee -
Didn't you add it to your cart?

In fact I did then backed off a bit...

Edit:
I just checked and my Cart still has a checkmark so I guess I'll get half off....
1 like
Reply #7 — Posted 2yr ago
by .Peter. | King | 27,509 exp
Reply #7 — Posted 2yr ago
by .Peter. | King | 27,509 exp
@GHI - And yet again you guys come up with a marvelous and fine piece of work, congratulations Clapping
Reply #8 — Posted 2yr ago
by SouthernStars | Senior | 1,436 exp
Reply #8 — Posted 2yr ago
by SouthernStars | Senior | 1,436 exp
A few questions.

1) Is the 4.3" display the same as the T43 Module and is the Touch function available on the development board?

2) Not obvious from the image, is there a provision for an external antenna for the WIFI module ?

I was waiting since a long time about this board, it meets some 90% of my needs for the product I consider.
I Have to add at least a GPS module for an ultra precise time and 1pps pulse, and temperature, humidity and barometer sensors and some driver boards for servo motors with encoders and stepper motors.

I need 32 to 64 MB of user data RAM, and the G400 is the only one providing such a large memory..
Reply #9 — Posted 2yr ago
Reply #9 — Posted 2yr ago
Yes same display.

Uses on board antenna but you can always special order a few with external antenna.

Why do you need that much memory?! You got me very curious.

Page 1 of 2 out of 13 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.