You have reached the legacy GHI Electronics, LLC website, for the new website please visit here. For the new forum please visit here.

This legacy website will be taken offline at the end of this year. If there is anything that you would like to archive and save for future reference please do so.

You must be logged in to reply.

Page 2 of 3 out of 28 messages.

Good luck for the "new" NETMF developers

Reply #10 — Posted 4yr ago
by Gus_ghielectroncs | Employee
Reply #10 — Posted 4yr ago
Turnkey assembly is the answer. It is about to be ready in few days.

And let's please not compare the barometer to G400 or any other som. Anyone with sight commercial can reproduce the barometer and such anywhere and we are also available to create them... Turnkey assembly Smiley

Things are different for soms, that stay around for long years.

My response is a general note not directed to anyone and we are very sorry for the confusion caused by the latest, rather major, changes. I think it will be all clear very soon.
1 like
Reply #11 — Posted 4yr ago
by Designer | King | 24,688 exp
Reply #11 — Posted 4yr ago
by Designer | King | 24,688 exp
@GMISoft

You built commercial products on the Gadgetter modules.... that too for the army and government ? ... are these modules rated for extreme applications ( MIL Spec) ?

Please let me know where you have deployed them ... I would like to stay far away from them.
1 like
Reply #12 — Posted 4yr ago
by GMISoft | Senior | 1,242 exp
Reply #12 — Posted 4yr ago
by GMISoft | Senior | 1,242 exp
@Rajesh - You don't need to go far away (or express quick opinion without knowledge of the context).

Drones are equipped with lot of system, and it's interesting to have multiple verification to validate a situation. Also, simple things like
- enable or disable fans or heaters
- check electromagnetic perturbation
- check pression incoherence
- command gimbals
could be done with gadgeteer boards.
1 like
Reply #13 — Posted 4yr ago
by hagster | Hero | 18,264 exp
Reply #13 — Posted 4yr ago
by hagster | Hero | 18,264 exp
@Rajesh - governments and military buy lots of things that aren't rated for extreme environments. The SOMs are rated for neg40 to plus85. That is enough for nearly all requirements
2 likes
Reply #14 — Posted 4yr ago
by Mr. John Smith | Legend | 42,263 exp
Reply #14 — Posted 4yr ago
@GMISoft, Goon on you commercializing supposedly prototype equipment; don't let them tell you can't. However, products going out of life unexpectedly is a fact of life, just take some bereavement leave and keep on trucking. Further, always have more than one way of doing something: if one vendor craps out just fail over to the next vendor. Between GHI, Sparkfun, Adafruit and others you can replace all the modules that became discontinued. I believe that because of the general availability of such components that GHI decided to discontinue their line of those types of products. Last, GHI will most likely build you any discontinued product of theirs anyway if you reach out to them; they are reasonable like that.
Reply #15 — Posted 4yr ago
by Iggmoe | Hero | 10,506 exp
Reply #15 — Posted 4yr ago
@Gus - Let's say I wanted to revive 100 pieces of the good 'ole Panda 2 using turnkey assembly. Roughly what ballpark price should I expect?
Reply #16 — Posted 4yr ago
Reply #16 — Posted 4yr ago
@Iggmoe - there is a new estimater page, give it a try.
Reply #17 — Posted 4yr ago
Reply #17 — Posted 4yr ago
@Gus - Will the FEZ Panda 2 be added to the possible projects to choose from here?

http://www.turnkeyassembly.com/projects
Reply #18 — Posted 4yr ago
Reply #18 — Posted 4yr ago
@Gus, +1 for turnkey assembly. This is exactly the kind of service that I was hoping someone would offer. Produce a board with basic components already placed and when I get them I place the final components. Good for prototyping, and really scalable.
Reply #19 — Posted 4yr ago
Reply #19 — Posted 4yr ago
Iggmoe says:

@Gus - Will the FEZ Panda 2 be added to the possible projects to choose from here?

http://www.turnkeyassembly.com/projects

Assuming we did not add it, anyone else can. The beauty of open source.

Page 2 of 3 out of 28 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.