Order by
Group by
Topic

Looking for all posts by Bill_Wyo

Page 1 of 7 out of 133 messages.

RE:Tech Talk with Gus 15 - Raspberry Pi & FEZ Duino Pi by Bill_Wyo on Jan 14, 2017 at 8:30am

@Gus - Thank you Gus. Your attitude makes me feel good about doing business with GHI.

RE:Tech Talk with Gus 15 - Raspberry Pi & FEZ Duino Pi by Bill_Wyo on Jan 14, 2017 at 8:08am

@Gus - You have given us a hardware design and drivers. Your intent is for us to make our own boards? Looks like $30 for 3 boards from OSHPark and more for components. Those 0603 resistors would challenge my soldering skills.

Am I missing something here? I started using Gadgeteer because I was not good at hardware. I did not expect to end up soldering 0603 resistors to pcbs. I am not complaining, I love a challenge but I am puzzled.

RE:Tech Talk with Gus 13 - Keypad Matrix by Bill_Wyo on Dec 31, 2016 at 8:40am

@Gus - Thanks Gus, good topic for me. I remember WBSimms (may not have that correct) put a project on codeshare that used interrupts to minimize the lines used. This looks like a candidate for that hardware/software. If there is a 3x4 and a 4x4 available there are probably more variations as well. Thank you again.

RE:$1 72-Hour Sale! by Bill_Wyo on Dec 23, 2016 at 1:24pm

@Gary - Any chance there will be more USB-Serial SP Modules? They must have gone pretty quickly.

RE:Tech Talk with Gus 07 - Using SoMs in Custom Designs. by Bill_Wyo on Nov 18, 2016 at 8:15pm

@Gus - Thanks for doing these Gus. You have taught me some pretty exciting stuff so far. The variety is good. Please keep them coming.

RE:Tech Talk with Gus 02 - 0.96" 128x64 OLED display by Bill_Wyo on Oct 21, 2016 at 6:30pm

@Brett - Thanks Brett, I appreciate completeness of your response.

RE:Tech Talk with Gus 02 - 0.96" 128x64 OLED display by Bill_Wyo on Oct 21, 2016 at 7:22am

@Gus - Hi Gus. I don't see any pins being passed in a constructor for the I2C class. I am making the move to .netmf and don't see how the code knows which pins to use.

I bought a couple of these displays and am working with a G30.

Thanks for the video. I hope there are many more coming.

RE:Snippet - Generic ESP8266 and network support libraries by Bill_Wyo on Sep 19, 2016 at 8:58am

@mcalsyn - Thank you for responding. I did have the port correct. The IoT Watcher that the rpi runs is on port 8080 while the headless application I wrote uses port 8081.

RE:Snippet - Generic ESP8266 and network support libraries by Bill_Wyo on Sep 18, 2016 at 3:29pm

@mcalsyn - Hi Martin, I am using your driver with the IL-G-WROOM02. I am trying to retrieve a webpage from a server running on a raspberry pi with Windows 10 core. The uri is defined as

PervasiveDigital.Uri uri = new PervasiveDigital.Uri("http://192.168.1.107:8081");
"
I need to specify port 81 but this is not working for me. Is it possible to set the port?

Snippet - AD9850 Example by Bill_Wyo on Jul 18, 2016 at 10:58pm

I just posted AD9850 Example on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

RE:Recommen a power supply by Bill_Wyo on Jul 12, 2016 at 10:11pm

@Dave McLaughlin - Thank you Dave. I will give CUI a try.

RE:Recommen a power supply by Bill_Wyo on Jul 10, 2016 at 8:20pm

@Brett - thanks for the advice. I am going to get a power supply with a bit more power out. I am thinking I will give these a try: http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=736#.V4Lk19L2Yr0

If I use these I will limit my power adapters to the USB Client DP Module and not the EDP.

RE:Recommen a power supply by Bill_Wyo on Jul 10, 2016 at 7:24am

@Dave McLaughlin - I think the power is ok for me but I have a Raptor with a Newhaven 480X600 Capacitive touch screen that may be pushing the supply. The housings have come off a couple of these units when I unplug them. I can tape them back together but I have several of these at work and more at home. Maybe I should just pre-tape them and not worry about it. Anyway, I was just interested in what others were using.

Recommen a power supply by Bill_Wyo on Jul 9, 2016 at 9:52am

I am about to restock my power supplies. I have been using these https://www.sparkfun.com/products/298 but I am not really happy with them. The housings come apart too easily so I have several that are taped together. Wondering if anyone has a recommendation.

RE:I launched my first Kickstarter - Diode Laser Upgrades by Bill_Wyo on Jul 5, 2016 at 12:42pm

@Blue Hair Bob - I'm in Bob. Looks like a great deal. I will be interested in seeing other services offered.

RE:3D Models disappeared by Bill_Wyo on Jan 28, 2016 at 7:31am

@cgay - Thanks for the link. This looks like something I need to investigate.

RE:3D Models disappeared by Bill_Wyo on Jan 28, 2016 at 7:16am

The .step files are very useful too. I use Autodesk123D Design to design enclosures for 3d printing. It is great to import the .step files of components to see how they fit in a model. If there is an effort I could contribute to I would donate some time.

RE:RLP on Raptor - seeking advice by Bill_Wyo on Dec 3, 2015 at 8:05pm

@Simon from Vilnius - I have a couple AD9850 function generator modules and a couple Cerbuino Bees, I think your template is going to entice me to play with this hardware. Thanks Simon!

RE:RLP on Raptor - seeking advice by Bill_Wyo on Dec 3, 2015 at 8:26am

@Simon from Vilnius - I installed EmBitz and your template loaded nicely. Thanks for the heads up about the address.

RE:RLP on Raptor - seeking advice by Bill_Wyo on Dec 3, 2015 at 7:02am

@Simon from Vilnius - Well I guess that changes things. I assume you still recommend EmBlocks?

Page 1 of 7 out of 133 messages.