You have reached the legacy GHI Electronics, LLC website, for the new website please visit here. For the new forum please visit here.

This legacy website will be taken offline at the end of this year. If there is anything that you would like to archive and save for future reference please do so.

Order by
Group by
Topic

Looking for all posts by charlieHustle

Page 1 of 4 out of 71 messages.

RE:Project - BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor by charlieHustle on Apr 8, 2017 at 7:40pm

Also FYI, from my reading of the BNO manual you need to save any settings to your "host" micro non-volatile memory, and write them to the BNO at startup. The BNO does not have memory.

RE:Project - BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor by charlieHustle on Apr 8, 2017 at 10:16am

@rockybooth - I added a method called saveSensorOffsets and uploaded revised code to Codeshare. Enjoy!

RE:Project - BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor by charlieHustle on Mar 15, 2017 at 8:40am

I'm using the sensor for my autonomous rc car. So far the heading seems very stable. It doesn't move at all when the car is still. I'm only calculating heading to within a degree. The sensor is mounted on a vibration damper. I have not used it in any temperature extremes.

Project - BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor by charlieHustle on Jan 8, 2017 at 3:26pm

I just posted BNO055 Absolute Orientation Sensor on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

RE:I would like a Gadgeteer Capacitive 5" LCD by charlieHustle on Mar 16, 2015 at 7:44pm

@munderhill - I'd charge $35 for a board. I also have a version of the board for the 4.3" Newhaven LCD.

RE:I would like a Gadgeteer Capacitive 5" LCD by charlieHustle on Mar 15, 2015 at 2:22pm

@Bill_Wyo - I never put the adapters up for sale, I just had them for personal use. But I have a few that I am not using so I could sell you one or two.

RE:I would like a Gadgeteer Capacitive 5" LCD by charlieHustle on Mar 14, 2015 at 10:48pm

I have a couple of these Gadgeteer adapters for the Newhaven 5.0 display.

RE:Gadgeteer Tri-Power by charlieHustle on Aug 22, 2014 at 10:14am

Sandy is correct. Tri-Power was approved and is for sale in the Creations section. It is now called Add-Power.

RE:G120 LCD Backpack by charlieHustle on Jul 28, 2014 at 2:26pm

The lcd is the 3.5" Newhaven. Its 320 x 240 resolution.

G120 LCD Backpack by charlieHustle on Jul 26, 2014 at 5:22pm

Check out the 3.7" capacitive touch LCD "backpack" I just finished for the G120 HDR module.

RE:Creation - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jul 12, 2014 at 9:10pm

Just did some testing...the DC/Solar input on Add-Power can handle up to 9V. I have to change the diagram in the creation.

RE:Creation - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jul 2, 2014 at 6:57pm

njbuch,

According to the Cerb Family page under "5V Tolerance"

https://www.ghielectronics.com/docs/46/cerb-family

All of the pins on the Cerb are 5V tolerant except PA4 and PA5. So you should be able to use any pin setup as an output except PA4 and PA5.

RE:Creation - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jul 1, 2014 at 11:30pm

njbuch - to control my board, how can this "remote switch" be controlled?

Sorry I didn't respond earlier, I assumed my account was already set to "watch" the forum for my creation. Anyway.....

The remote switch consists of two through hole pads with 0.1" spacing. One pad is a ground, the other pad is a connection to a pulled up enable pin that controls the output voltages. All you have to do is put the local switch in the on position, then anytime you pull the enable pin pad low the power will shut off.

The idea was that anyone could solder on there own mechanical switch between the two pads and turn the board off if it is in an enclosure.

But for your situation you need to know the enable pin is pulled up to 5V through a 10k resistor. So if your timer can pull that signal to ground it should work fine.

Project - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jun 17, 2014 at 8:51pm

I just posted Add Power on Codeshare. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

RE:Creation - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jun 17, 2014 at 7:50pm

Dave McLaughlin - Can we control when the battery gets charged?

Dave the short answer to your question is no.

But... there are two things that might help:

First, the power management chip on the board minimizes the number of charge/discharge cycles by only using the battery as a last resort. If other power sources are available that can handle the load, the battery is charged with any unused capacity from the main power source then disconnected from the load.

Second, there is a resistor on the board that can be used to control the charging by varying the resistance. But I don't have the board set up for this. If it is really important to you I can tell you which resistor and you can try it at your own risk.

RE:Creation - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jun 15, 2014 at 7:13pm

Let me know how much time you anticipate for those changes, maybe I can fund the effort partially?

I couldn't make the changes unless you wanted to buy a specific amount that you funded completely because you are the only one in the market for modified boards.

Btw can you be more specific on the max battery and solar panel ??

The battery input was designed around the common LiPol battery that Sparkfun and a lot of other people sell. An example is at the link below

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8483

The solar panel input was designed around the one Adafruit sells. They have a lot of sizes. An example one is at the link.

http://www.adafruit.com/product/417

RE:Creation - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jun 15, 2014 at 12:11am

Cool module! Thanks!

Thanks. It took a while to get them built but they're finally done.

I would be interested in adding a higher voltage solar panel, and a much bigger battery, and maybe even use a huge car-battery, how is that?

That all could be done but I'm not sure there would be enough people in the market for those to spend the time.

Furthermore, I think we need some details on the driver to read and control the goodies?

The driver is done. I just need to add some comments and post it in the next day or two.

Creation - Add Power by charlieHustle on Jun 13, 2014 at 8:49am

I just posted Add Power on Creations. Feel free to discuss and make suggestions here.

RE:Gadgeteer Tri-Power by charlieHustle on Apr 30, 2014 at 11:02pm

Have you got a response why your module was not approved?

I have not received a response. Its been a few weeks, so I don't think they are going to respond.

You could just put it on Tindie.com.

That might be the way to go. There are so many small packages on the module so I can't build them in quantity myself. I have to get the pcb's in panel form for a board house to pick and place. Panels are much more expensive if you get anything special like the red color. So I am hesitant to get red pcb's if not necessary.

Also people can send me a direct message to get a module if they really want one.

Check out the pic of the module in action (SP + LiPol, Solar not connected). There's also a close up of the LCD. It is outputting some of the data the module produces

RE:Gadgeteer Tri-Power by charlieHustle on Apr 16, 2014 at 10:21am

Great. Do you have more detailed specs and documentation including usage?

I will post more info if I can get this module approved. But basically this module allows you to add solar and li-pol power to an SP or DP module and then program and power your mainboard. It automatically switches between power sources to power your project and charge the battery. You can monitor the battery and prioritize the power sources. The battery will also share the load with the other power sources if necessary to increase the overall power out.

I completed the original Tri-Power and Quad-Power and have working prototypes. But they are too expensive to make in low quantities. This module gives you the same functionality but lowers the cost as best I could for the quantities I can afford to produce.

The drivers for Add-Power are done but why release it if the module is not approved / available? I have not received a response from Ghi.

Page 1 of 4 out of 71 messages.