Order by
Group by
Topic

Looking for all posts by Mr. John Smith

Page 1 of 123 out of 2,453 messages.

RE:Powering the G120 TH Module by Mr. John Smith on Jul 18, 2017 at 6:17am

From when I soldered the pin to the board? My goodness, that would be a horrifying bad solder joint then.

RE:Powering the G120 TH Module by Mr. John Smith on Jul 17, 2017 at 10:50pm

That pin has 9.3 ohms of resistance between it and the ground pins; wearas the other pins are .1 or less.

RE:Powering the G120 TH Module by Mr. John Smith on Jul 16, 2017 at 8:26pm

Hum... I seems that the GND pin next to the 3v3 pin isn't working? Is that even possible or did I connect something wrong? I moved the GND pin and now it's working.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is?

Powering the G120 TH Module by Mr. John Smith on Jul 16, 2017 at 8:20pm

I suspect that there is something wrong with my G120TH board. I'm providing 3v3 to it but the power light does not turn on. It only seems to turn on, when I power it via the usb cable.

RE:40 Years ago and still working! by Mr. John Smith on Jul 14, 2017 at 8:08am

@willgeorge - The Voyager Probe is perhaps one of mankind's most impressive feats. That it should still be functioning! That's some serious in field updating. Wink

RE:Hardwired Ethernet and WiFi in same project by Mr. John Smith on Jul 14, 2017 at 8:05am

@Dave McLaughlin - Let me see if I understand the Architecture:

Fingerprint device is attached via ethernet.
You want the device to be attached via WIFI.
You need to convert the fingerprint device's data from one format to another.

If I understand correctly, then you could use a WIFI to ethernet bridge to put the data on the wifi network, then have "something" convert the fingerprint data that is broadcast into the MQTT that you desire.

RE:$1 72-Hour Sale! by Mr. John Smith on Jul 14, 2017 at 7:55am

@Brett - Done.

RE:Hardwired Ethernet and WiFi in same project by Mr. John Smith on Jul 13, 2017 at 8:43am

Now that we have TinyClr, can't we just do that?

RE:bootloader (netmf 4.3) by Mr. John Smith on Jul 12, 2017 at 8:49am

@wdlyons@gmail.com - Are you implementing your program in the Main Thread of the application?

RE:PWMInput in TinyCLR by Mr. John Smith on Jul 12, 2017 at 8:46am

opiswahn says:

Hi,

is there a way in TinyCLR to read a PWM input like eg. in Arduino?
I have seen there is a PMW-Out, but what to do if you have to read PWM?

Greets

Anybody else read this in bender's voice Sad

There is not PWM in. There is only the pulse counter, or if you're adventurous you can modify the TinyCLR with a method to do just that. Or you can smooth the PWM signal with resistor and capacitor then read the analogue value with one of the analogue inputs.

RE:TinyCLR OS Register Access for STM32F427 (Quail) by Mr. John Smith on Jul 10, 2017 at 10:32am

I'm beginning to understand this. It's not about RLP, you can just compile the entire framework over and add things that you need; about as easily.

RE:Fifth Preview of TinyCLR OS Core Features and Porting by Mr. John Smith on Jul 8, 2017 at 11:48pm

So does this mean we can use TinyCLR on commercial products now?

RE:wiznet by Mr. John Smith on Jul 8, 2017 at 2:51pm

@wdlyons@gmail.com - GHI's version of that source code is closed source. At best I wrote one for the W5100

https://www.ghielectronics.com/community/codeshare/entry/1046

Hope it helps.

RE:TinyCLR OS outbreak - Tech Talk 040 by Mr. John Smith on Jul 7, 2017 at 11:29am

Gus seems all giddy and happy. I would be too.

RE:NETMF board with RJ45 Ethernet by Mr. John Smith on Jul 6, 2017 at 9:45am

@wdlyons@gmail.com - A managed driver for the W5500? Are you posting it in codeshare afterwards?

RE:How to generate G-CODE from 3D/2D CAD models? by Mr. John Smith on Jul 2, 2017 at 10:58pm

@Dave McLaughlin - Is that a dishcloth on top of the scope?

RE:G30 Design Project by Mr. John Smith on Jun 30, 2017 at 3:36pm

@hwalker_MIWV - How can you produce a quality product with a 1 week timeframe?

RE:6 yr old BrainPad programmer - Tech Talk - 037 by Mr. John Smith on Jun 30, 2017 at 3:34pm

@Gary - I think Gus likes it.

RE:WIFI Modules - Tech Talk - #36 by Mr. John Smith on Jun 28, 2017 at 2:40pm

@munderhill - That WIFI socket in the ESP driver doesn't actually use TCP/IP it's just a serial socket?

Page 1 of 123 out of 2,453 messages.